Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I haven’t updated you all with a new recipe in a while, it’s been a crazy few weeks getting back into the groove of a new semester (my last semester of undergrad…yay!) and at work…but I have some yummy recipes ready to share with you all!
With that said, I have been doing tons of meal prep for Thomas and I, to be able to save money, as well as get in good nutrition to keep our bodies feeling good…especially because we are both active and work out 5-6 times per week!
This is one of my go-to recipes when it comes to meal prep…because it can be made with tofu, or replaced with chicken and made with that for Thomas. So here we go…
I like to start by draining my tofu by pressing it in a towel for about 30 minutes, and soaking my red potatoes in water, after slicing them…trust me, this step is key!
Go ahead and cut the tofu into tiny squares once it is drained…it should look something like this…
Now it’s time to season the tofu…(my favorite part)! Of course, I love to use my own mixture of seasoning most of the time. But for this recipe, I like to use a store bought taco seasoning, because it makes life so much easier for a busy person! I use 1/2 of the taco seasoning packet on just my tofu, and save the rest. Just go ahead and toss it around in the seasoning and it should look something like this…
So now, loosely cover the plate with foil (I like to transfer it into a bowl and then cover it but it works both ways), and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes! Let it marinate guys and gals!! It turns out like 100% better!
Now, while the tofu is marinating, I like to take some time and give love to the red potatoes! This is the easiest, yummiest way to create potatoes for meal prepping…I absolutely love it! Preheat the oven to 450 degrees…and begin by placing foil on a baking sheet, and brush a bit of olive oil all over the foil (very lightly).
Now, place the potatoes slices on the baking sheet…and begin to brush each one (both sides) with olive oil…omg I’m getting hungry all over again! Once that is done, sprinkle each side of the potatoes with 1/4 of the packet of taco seasoning. You can add some salt and pepper if you’d like as well, but I think it tastes great the way it is! Place the sheet in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the potatoes about half way through.
While the potatoes are cooking in the oven, heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and place the tofu in it to begin cooking. Add a little bit of cornstarch (my favorite) on top of the tofu and mix it in while in the pan to make it more crispy and not so soft…tastes sooooo much better!!
(SORRY FOR THE BLURRY PIC)….there was a lot happening at this time in my kitchen…
Moving on…let the tofu cook on both sides until nicely cooked and browned. While the tofu is cooking, begin heating a couple tbsp of oil in a tiny pot, and add in frozen peas, corn, and cauliflower, with the rest of the taco seasoning. Let this cook down with a lid on the pot while the tofu is cooking.
Yum and yum!! its time to take out the potatoes and begin to prepare the containers…this usually lasts me 2 meals!
YUMMY now you’re ready for the next couple days, without needing to worry about cooking a healthy meal…enjoy~ 🙂
1 packet extra firm tofu
2-3 red potatoes
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/3 cup frozen cauliflower
1 packet taco seasoning
1-2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Press down tofu after draining with plate and towel to take out excess water
2. Sprinkle 1/2 packet of taco seasoning over tofu, let marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes
3. Wash and slice potatoes and place onto an oiled sheet pan with foil. Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the potato slices, as well as sprinkle 1/4 packet of taco seasoning over the potatoes
4. Place into a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender
5. Heat a pan with 2 tbsp oil and add in marinated tofu.
6. Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp cornstarch on the tofu and mix together
7. Cook on both sides until browned and crispy/chewy
8. While the tofu is cooking, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a small pot. Add in all veggies and rest of taco seasoning. Let cook down until veggies are tender.
9. Once everything is cooked through, begin to place the food into 2 containers 🙂 Enjoy!