I want to apologize for being so inactive and not posting anything for a couple months! As you know, I’m almost done with college, and as you can imagine, there are so many things going on during this time! Because of this, I have been doing A TON of meal prep (especially for Thomas)! We found ourselves on the go and purchasing meals, which got so expensive! So this post is about a 1 Hour quick meal prep that I do for Thomas, and he loves it! It creates 4 meals so lasts him about 2 days usually unless he’s double hungry one day!
So, to start off, begin making some rice…I usually eyeball it, but it’s about 1 cup of uncooked rice! Put that on the stove and leave it alone while cooking the chicken.
While that is being done, start with the chicken. This is the fun part because it is SOOO EASY! So, if you are a vegetarian like myself and need to make some food for your man, you will LOVE this!
Go ahead and fill a large double-handle pot with warm water and put it on high heat. Throw in 3 Frozen Chicken Breast Filets. Cut 4 small onions into chunks, and mince 4 cloves of garlic. Throw all of this into the sauce pot! Next, go ahead and throw in spices (my favorite part, your kitchen will smell wonderful and your sinuses will clear up!). Again, I usually eyeball this according to Thomas’ tastes, since he likes things more flavorful and spicy, so go according to what you think is right. For Thomas, I use about 2-3 Tbsp of cayenne pepper, 1-2 Tbsp of cumin, salt and pepper to taste. After throwing all of this in, stir a little and let it get to a boil. Once it begins boiling, cover the pot and continue on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
While this is boiling, the rice should be close to being done. Take out your 4 containers, and once the rice is done, divide it into the containers. Let that cool and begin to make the veggies…yay! I simplified this by using low-sodium canned foods and seasoning it myself, because it makes life easier so why not! I drained two 8 oz cans of green beans, and one 16 oz can of garbanzo beans, and combined them into a medium sized pot. I put some minced garlic, salt, pepper, and garlic salt into this pot and let it cook down, consistently stirring it.
Once everything is done and cooked down, chicken is tender, you can finish packing the containers! I like to put the rice on the bottom on one half, veggies on the other half, and chicken on top between the two! Please see below…
I hope you enjoy the recipe and please comment to ask any questions as usual! HAPPY MEAL PREPPING!
3 Froze Chicken Breast Filets
1 Cup Uncooked Rice
(2) 8-Oz cans of Low-Sodium Green Beans
(1) 16-Oz Can of Low-Sodium Garbanzo Beans
2-3 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper (depends on person)
1-2 Tbsp Cumin (depends on person)
4 Mini Onions
1 Garlic Head
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt to Taste
1. Begin cooking rice in medium pot.
2. Fill double-handle large pot with warm water, place on high heat on stove.
3. Place 3 frozen chicken breast filets in large pot.
4. Peel and Cut 4 mini onions in chunks, throw into pot.
5. Mince 4 garlic cloves, throw into pot.
6. Add cayenne pepper and cumin into pot, add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir a bit, bring to boil, cover and let cook on medium heat.
8. Drain green beans and garbanzo beans, and combine into a medium pot.
9. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Stir around and let cook down.
10. Begin to fill containers, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place on top of rice and veggies.
11. ENJOY 🙂