Hi friends! As you all know, I’m ALL about that healthy life, but I’m also ALL about delicious meals! And so is Thomas…which is why this meal is such a crowdpleaser!
Introducing…creamy ranch chicken. Doesn’t that just sound amazing? Here’s how you get started…
Begin by seasoning your chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and salt-free Italian seasoning.
Heat up a pan with a bit of olive oil, and place the chicken breasts in. Let the hot pan do it’s job and just flip once, after each side has browned a bit.
While this is cookin and lookin good, take out a 2 Qt pot and mix together a 10oz can of cream of chicken soup with 1/2 – 3/4 of a packet of ranch salad dressing mix.
Keep the heat on medium/low for this, while the chicken is cooking, and stir occasionally. Once the chicken is browned on both sides (should be about 5-7 minutes, and should not be completely cooked through), place both chicken breasts into the pot of the sauce mix. Sorry ahead of time for my messy kitchen, as you can tell, I made a bit of a mess earlier in the day!
Turn the heat to low and cover the pot, let this cook down for about 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
While this is cooking, you can whip up some green beans on the side or some potatoes. I was in a bit of a rush so I went to packaged potatoes (yes I know, this is a kitchen sin, but I happen to love them so oh well!)
Whip these bad boys up real quick and by the time they’re done, the chicken will be ready! You can serve this all now, or put it away for later (which is what I had to do, because this was for Thomas’ lunch the next day). Either way…enjoy it 🙂
Please comment below any questions or any suggestions that made this better for you and your family!
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Packet Ranch salad dressing mix
1 10oz can of cream of chicken soup
crushed red pepper
1 packet ready-potatoes
- Season chicken to taste
- Heat a pan with olive oil, cook chicken until browned on both sides — will not be cooked all the way through
- Combine cream of chicken soup with 1/2-3/4 of ranch salad dressing mix in a pot. Keep heat on low/medium and stir occasionally.
- Place chicken in the cream sauce pot, turn heat to low and cover with lid. Let cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is fork tender.
- Whip up some sides — potatoes are a all-time favorite in my kitchen but you can do green beans or anything else.
- Once done, plate and serve. Yum! Enjoy!