Hi lovely people! Happy Sunday! I have a great recipe for you today that I just made today for Thomas… Healthy Chipotle Chicken Bowls!
When you go get chicken bowls from restaurants, the sodium and fat content overpowers the yummy taste, so why not just make your own at home? Save money, stay healthy, and eat delicious food! So let’s get started…
First off, you’re going to start with marinating the chicken in chipotle peppers (I used a 7oz can for 17 chicken tenderloins). Let this marinate in the chicken for about an hour.
While this is marinating, you can get started on the goods… beans bean and more beans! Use one can of garbanzo beans, one can of black beans, one can of corn, and half a bag of frozen green beans. Spray a large pot with a tad bit of coconut oil and throw in all the goods. Go ahead and sprinkle just a tad bit of cayenne pepper, pepper, and salt to this and let the heat do its job. Cook covered on low and stir occasionally.
While this is cooking down, start cooking one cup of quinoa mix (I like to use a super grain mix that has both white and red quinoa). After this is done cooking, throw all the quinoa into the large pot with all the beans and corn, turn off the heat and keep covered.
Once the chicken is done marinating, spray a large sauce pan with a little bit of coconut oil, and begin cooking the chicken 4 pieces at a time, as to note crowd the pan.
You want to make sure to cook on medium heat so that it gives the chicken a good amount of time to cook on each side and bring out that beautiful brown color (and a bit of charr).
OMG LOOKS SO YUMMY! I prefer packing the beans/quinoa in one Tupperware and the chicken in a separate container. You can combine them later when you’re ready to eat or when you’re ready to pack them for lunch for the day. This should make about 6 servings 🙂
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can corn
1/2 bag green beans
1 can chipotle peppers
16-18 chicken tenderloins
1 cup quinoa
Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken in chipotle peppers and put into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Spray a large pot with coconut oil. Combine black beans, garbanzo beans, corn, and green beans into the pot with cayenne pepper, pepper, and salt. Let cook down until mixed and tender.
- Combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water and let cook through. Once done, add quinoa to pot of beans.
- Spray a large saucepan with coconut oil and begin to cook the chicken on medium heat, only 4 tenderloins at a time.
- Pack in separate containers and combine when ready to eat.
- Enjoy! 🙂